Saturday, April 5, 2014

Spring Bounty (4-5Apr2014)

Nothing especially good the past couple days, but I did have a couple birds to add to my Big Year effort.

Friday morning I went to Wade Park early before work to try for a Virginia Rail.  No luck there but it was a perfect day in terms of weather.  Unfortunately I only had a half hour to burn.


Hen Wood Duck with chicks.  They were very tame.


This Barn Swallow is nesting under the pedestrian bridge.


This displaying Red-winged Blackbird was doing his best to impress a female on a nearby branch.


Gray Catbird.


Worst picture ever of a Blue Jay, but I was sick of trying to get a decent photo.

Saturday morning before George's soccer game I went to Greenfield Lake.  Another stunning day.


Northern Cardinal.


White-eyed Vireo.

Lastly after George scored his team's only goal (I was so proud), I took the boys for a rid down Lee Bucks.

Nothing good but picked up a pic of a year bird.


Obviously this Black Vulture does not read, or maybe thats just how he rolls.


This sparrow was giving me ID issues.  Either a Savannah or a Vesper.

Great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment