Sunday, April 20, 2014

Rainy Easter Sunday (20Apr2014)

Some more birding in Brunswick County with the boys today.  My target was a Least Bittern but I dipped.  I did manage to find some pockets of birds in between rain showers.

I first pulled into some failed community in Southport just because I saw some big trees and there was a break in the rain.   There was tons of activity but nothing noteworthy.


Red Headed Woodpecker.

At XXXXX Road, I found the pond that sometimes has Least Bitterns but no such luck.  That being said, I did not stay long because it started raining again.


Common Gallinule.


Last stop was Shepard Rd.  No White-crowned Sparrows but I got some decent shots of Northern Rough-winged Swallows.





This one had a weird white tail feather.


I think the boys are ready for their mother to come home.  They really hate birding.

Great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment