Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Reconciliation (28Apr2015)

Sorry folks but this post is not to add any nice pictures or go over any adventures, it is simply to point out that I went through my prior posts and compared to my list in the margin of this web page and found some gaps.

Clapper Rail - somehow I never added this to the list.  I have taken several pictures of clappers on different occasions.  See post from 16Apr2015 for some of the better photos.

Carolina Wren - same story, I have multiple pictures and somehow left off the list.  See post from 20Apr2015 for a decent photo of a Carolina Wren.

Brown-headed Cowbird - not sure how I missed this one.  See post dated 25Apr2015 among others for a picture of this species.

I went through and compared my year list in eBird versus my photographed birds and found 24 species that I have seen or heard but have not yet photographed:
1. Eurasian Wigeon - distant views at Alligator NWR.
2. American Wigeon - I think I wanted to add this when I get Eurasian for comparison.
3. Green Heron - weird, I have seen a ton.  I can get this tomorrow if I wanted.
4. Black-crowned Night-heron - same, tons at Airlie.
5. King Rail - Seen at heard at Bodie Island.  I will go to Knott's Island for this species.
6. Lesser Yellowlegs - seen many but was wanting a nice photo next to Greater.
7. Purple Sandpiper - WTF! I should have taken a picture of one earlier, now will have to wait.
8. American Woodcock - I tried hard for this after the last ice storm, no luck. 
9. Eastern Screech Owl - many heard, just a matter of time for seen/photographed.
10. Northern Saw-whet Owl - I will go back to Devil's Courthouse again this Spring.
11. Hairy WP - seen some, but need a decent photo.
12. Merlin - will get this on spit at some point.
13. Peregrine - hoping to go back to Cape Lookout again this fall but probably will get somewhere before that.
14. Eastern Wood-pewee - already seen a few, need a decent picture that is not totally backlit.
15. Blue-headed Vireo - no problem.
16. Red-eyed Vireo - ditto.
17. Brown Creeper - will see one or two at some point.
18. Sedge Wren - Knott's Island were they breed.
19. Wood Thrush - Howell Woods or Governor's.
20. American Pipit - can't believe I don't have this one.
21. Louisiana Waterthrush - this weekend.
22. Black-throated Green - this weekend.
23. Seaside Sparrow - I have none of the marsh sparrows, so weird.  I will get these no problem at end of year.
24. Red-winged BB - some birds just don't beg to be photographed.  I will get a breeding one doing his posturing soon.

I am going to try and close the gap on these then continue on with new birds.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. It's great you are keeping careful track and cross-verifying. Love the later pic of the blue grosbeak.

    ReplyDelete