Saturday, April 18, 2015

Mystery Bird Revealed (21Feb2015)

Some of my faithful readers may remember back in February when I mentioned a mystery bird that I would reveal at a later date.  The reason was that the home owners wanted to keep the bird under wraps so they would not have tons of random strangers like me asking to come over, and I totally get that. Several people in the area (Charlotte) had reported this bird early in the winter and it had not been reported for a while but luckily when I checked in with the homeowners through a mutual friend they were very gracious and let me come over.

Without further ado....


Calliope Hummingbird - a vagrant from out West that will rarely show up. I think one has come to the Charlotte area for several years now.


What a beauty!



Very distinctive gorget.

By the way, in case your wondering, the bird has been gone for several weeks.

Thanks to the homeowners!!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment