Saturday, April 11, 2015

I H8 Noseeums (11Apr2014)

Despite the rain, it is Saturday and I can't not bird on a weekend so I went out and headed to Ft Fisher.  The rain actually stopped once I got to the beach, but I was in for another kind environmental scourge - Noseeums.  Once I made it out to the spit, there was clouds of noseeums all over my windshield.  However, the great thing about birding the spit is I don't even need to get out of the truck.  I ended up getting a handful of new photographs for the year.


Tricolored Heron


Whimbrel


In breeding season they should be called Five-colored Heron.



Gull-billed Tern!!!  There was four of them hawking prey from the mudflats.


Not sure what they were catching, fiddler crabs?


Glossy Ibis


Both my boys scored in their respective soccer games today.  I am so proud.  In the afternoon I braved more hoards of noseeums and worked in the yard for the first time this Spring.  I missed working in the yard over the winter and have a ton of work to get it into good shape.  I hope to get some lettuces and veggies planted soon.  I have started prepping.

No comments:

Post a Comment