Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Present (11May2014)

Sunday was Mother's Day and I had to use every bit of restraint to not go chase the White-winged Dove and Reddish Egret seen at Ft. Fisher.  However in the end everything worked out in my favor.

I took Melissa and the boys to Blue Surf Cafe for a Mother's Day Brunch.  For those of you in Wilmington that have not been, they have the best sandwich I have ever had, no exaggeration.  Its the Meatloaf Sandwich.  Its a Brioche Bun with some delicious brown sugar cooked Meatloaf with micro greens and a Siracha based Mayonnaise.  But here is the kicker, you have to ask them to add an over easy egg to the sandwich.  Its not on the menu so consider this your insider knowledge.  Thanks Steve for giving me this gem.

After lunch there happened to be a nail salon next door so I offered Melissa some pampering which she of course jumped at.  This offered me an opportunity to head to Andover Rd. near by to try for Mississippi Kites.  I had tried a couple times before but dipped, but this time I spotted a kite sailing and managed a decent shot.  Thanks to Sam Cooper for finding these birds.


And the best thing is that Greg and Harry looked for the Reddish Egret and White-wing Dove and dipped on both.  So I didn't miss anything after all!!!!

Great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment