Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Stilts Galore (06May2015)

I have seen some reports of good birds down at Ft. Fisher lately so I went down early today to see if I could find some of this goodness.  The notable reports include Stilt Sandpiper, Black-necked Stilt, White-rumped Sandpiper and Cliff Swallows.  Well I ended up dipping on the last two but found the first two. Pardon the title which is a little misleading as I only saw one of each species.


Stilt Sandpiper - pardon the horrible photo but this is not  a species you see every day unless you are a certain ND that lives in SC.


Stilt Sandpiper - heavy barring, rufous ear patch and slightly downturned long bill.


Black-necked Stilt - I played with the color a bit to make the legs pop which is why the water color looks different, but its the same location as the Stilt SP.

Hoping to chase an Eared Grebe later this evening after work, wish me luck.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment