Sunday, May 10, 2015

Phalarope Frenzy (10May2015)

I know when I get a call from Sam C that he has something good for me.  I had spent time with the family all day and decided about 5:30pm to drive down to Fort Fisher to see what Tropical Storm Ana had blown in.  I made it all the way down to FF and I got a call from Sam C saying he was looking a Red-necked Phalarope at the UNCW athletic fields.  20 minutes later I was sharing scope views through Sam's scope with his Minivan's back hatch blocking the torrential rain.


Red-necked Phalarope


The pools were almost deep enough where he was thinking about spinning.


There was a White-rumped Sandpiper and some other shorebirds but the phalarope took the prize.

Sam had a Leach's Storm Petrel earlier at WB too.  He is a vagrant magnet.

Thanks Sam!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment