Saturday, March 15, 2014

Rusty Blackbirds (15Mar2014)

After watching the boys play their respective soccer games, I went down to Greenfield Lake to see if I could get a pic of some of the Rusty Blackbirds I frequently see there.  I walked around the entire lake and picked up a few birds for my effort.


This Anhinga was soaring way high up.  I never did see one close up today so I am posting this one.  Undoubtedly I will get better pics this summer, but I kind of like silhouetted pics as it helps to refine my ID skills. Anhingas have very long tails and the heads are almost snake-like, especially when swimming.


                        Common Grackle.


Rusty Blackbirds have been almost impossible to get a decent picture of this year for me, so I am settling with this female.  They are usually skulking in areas that have a lot of cover which makes for a bad picture.

Great Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment