Saturday, March 22, 2014

More Rusties and some other birds (20-22Mar2014)

Work has been crazy and Saturday I watched the kids soccer and worked in the yard to get my veggie garden going.  However, as usual I found some time to bird here and there.

Ft. Fisher was slow on Thursday after work, but even a bad hour of birding is better than rotting in the office.


Boat-tailed Grackle - yes I still have some easy winter birds left. In fact I still don't have a picture of a Blue Jay!


Laughing Gull - I have one already, but I had to take a picture because he is so handsome with his breeding plumage now.  And of course they were all laughing like the insane clowns they are.


Ring-billed Gull - have one of these too, but look how pretty when the head is clean white.

Saturday before Luke's soccer game, I went to the Battleship to see if the rails would be cooperating.  I heard what I think was a King Rail, but no dice on pictures.


Rusty Blackbird - Ok so last weekend I said I was having trouble getting pictures so I settled for a female.  Well this morning they were all over and I got me a male.


Common Yellowthroat - year bird although they can be had year round.

After the kids soccer we headed to Shelton Herb Farms to get salad for the garden and I took the scenic route through Lee Bucks Rd.  Nothing special but a beautiful day for a country drive.


American Kestrel - this is the female.  There was a male too.

Tomorrow I might go try for the Lincoln's Sparrows Sherry Lane reported at Holly Shelter Marina.

Great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment