Thursday, June 30, 2016

Caving In (29Jun2016)

So I have decided that pictures of some species are just too damn difficult, so I am going to bend my rules a little and allow video/audio of a few select nocturnal species.  So far I have 3 species that I have already seen or heard that I have not added to my Big Year 2016 list: Northern Bobwhite, Chuck-will's-widow and Whip-poor-will.  I also have 3 more that I should be able to get audio on before the year is done: Black Rail, Barn Owl and Saw-whet Owl.

So for Chucks, I headed down to CB State Park last night and scored with some crappy video, but the cool thing was a calling juvie Great Horned Owl.  First up is the owl, then the Chucks.  I hope this works as I have not tried posting iPhone videos before.  Turn up your volume all the way!


Here is the Chucks, sound kind of weak, I will try for a better audio soon.



Here is some pics of the same owl.






No comments:

Post a Comment