Thursday, October 22, 2015

ARGGHHHHHH!!!! (18-22Oct2015)

I have been struggling today with a faulty SD card that has lost all my photos from the past week including amazing photos of a male Wilson's Warbler and a nice Sedge Wren among others.  I tried downloading several recovery programs and none of them were pulling up the files from the past week, they were all files I had deleted from months ago.  Finally I found one program that worked like a charm!  The only problem is they don't tell you that after you preview and see your files are in fact obtainable, you have to pay 100 bucks to actually get access to them.  Was I about to pay that for a Wilson's and a Sedge?  Hell no..  I already had them burned in my brain and so I took the cheap way out.  I took iPhone photos of the image previews in the recovery program.  Totally crappy images as you can imagine, but good enough to add the birds to my list.

The Sedge Wren was from yesterday at Ft. Fisher.  I had excellent photos that if cropped and edited a bit would have been the best pics I have of that species.  Oh well, I have to settle for this "preview" thumbnail from the software.



Zooming in on the Mac screen just pixelated the images really badly.

In the past several days I have had 2 Wilson's Warblers in two different counties.  The following male Wilson's is from Carteret County at Fort Macon.  The light reflected off his cap and made it look like he was covered in oil.  I assure you I have not resorted to painting my Yellow Warblers to look like a Wilson's.  Chandra's pics on Carolinabirds looks similar.  In fact it is the same bird photographed several days apart.  Maybe it is still there.


I also had a beautiful female or immature male Wilson's the other day at Fort Fisher.  Maybe Wilson's Warblers like to hang out at Forts.

From now on I will try to download my images daily to avert SD card malfunctions.

My Dad's blog has an interesting post on the evolution of hummingbirds.  Apparently their closest living relative is the Cuckoo!

Check it out here: bhhummer.blogspot.com

I reformatted the SD Card and it appears to be working but I am a little weary.  Maybe I should just buy a new one.  Anyone ever have this issue?

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment