Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 4 (January 4) - Wilmington CBC

Hello Birders, today was the Wilmington CBC.  To be honest this was kind of slow for us in the Northern Brunswick Country group (Greg Massey, Shun Endo and myself).  However we did get a few good birds.  A male "Gray Ghost" Harrier put on a great show off Lee Bucks Rd although my picture did not come out great so I am not counting it in my tally.  Then we had a Bachman's Sparrow off of Dawes Creek Rd.  This one gave use great looks although it turns out the pics were not as crisp I would have liked, probably due to poor lighting.  We had gray skies most of the day. However we had a really good time, and I am looking forward to tomorrow when we drive the Ft. Fisher spit with Harry Sell.
                                                             Bachman's Sparrow
                                                                 Hermit Thrush
                                                           Golden Crown Kinglet
                                                              Northern Mockingbird
                                                         Eurasian Collared Dove

No comments:

Post a Comment